Wednesday, March 21, 2018

My Trip To Walt Disney World With Stage 4 Cancer





I don't know about you, but I LOVE Disneyland! Most people have a love of Disney starting from a very young age, but I became a faithful fan in my adult years. My first ever trip to the happiest place on earth was when I was four years old. I don't even remember it. So, my first real taste of Disneyland was on my honeymoon at the age of 19. That's when my lifelong love and commitment started....with Disney that is! My first and only trip to Walt Disney World was when I was 13. I remember loving Epcot and longed to visit again ever since. Well, my opportunity to relive my Epcot dream was about to happen. My husbands job as an area rep with FCA(Fellowship of Christian Athletes)planned Real Time(a time of fun and fellowship for staff and spouses)in Orlando Florida. Real Time takes place every three years and we had just missed out on the Real Time three years ago in Texas. When we heard where it was going to take place in 2018, we were so excited. Then cancer came into out lives in April 2017. I wasn't sure if I would be able to make the trip in February 2018. I didn't know where my health would be at that point and if I would even be able to travel that far from home. But my dream of visiting Walt Disney World as an adult became a reality. I could make the trip! I was going to Disney World!!






               Yes, please!! ALL the coffee!!! Especially at 4:30 in the morning. Disney World here I come!


                                                                I LOVE to fly!!!



                                                      EPCOT 2018

               




I'm here!!!!!



I don't even know what I'm doing here, but I had to show you my cute, sparkly, Mickey ears shirt!


The Frozen ride! My FAVORITE!!!


Sporting my Minnie ears with pride!!



Great Britain-My favorite place in Epcot! Lord willing I can visit the REAL Great Britain someday!



And I would totally do this in London with a real Queen's guard!! 



I LOVE rides!!




 This scooter was the BEST idea ever! There is nothing like Chemo tired and this helped save my energy! 



Good bye Epcot!!




Magic Kingdom


I'm just a little bit excited to get on the monorail to Magic Kingdom! 



Duh!! I'm pretty sure in my past life I was a Disney Princess...just sayin'!



Just me and the castle!



So beautiful at night!


 8 tips for Disney when you have cancer-

 1. Wash hands liberally. Hand sanitizer is your friend
                      2. Bring your own water bottle and drink half your weight in water.
                                    3. Wear a good sun hat and sunscreen. Your skin is sensitive when you're on chemo and/or meds.
                                   4. Eat healthy. There are a good deal of healthy food options at the parks, or you can bring your own food.
                                    5. Bring your vitamins and meds into the park so you don't forget to take them.
                                  6. Rent a scooter or wheelchair. You may feel silly, but it will save your legs and your energy. Plus, those things are quite fun to drive around! :)
                                7. Take LOTS of pictures! Even if you don't like your picture taken, do it anyway. You never know when you will be back to Disney World and you will want those memories!                                   
                                   8. HAVE FUN!! You are at the happiest place on earth, so enjoy yourself, forget your worries, forget life back home, and have the time of your life. 



Well, there you have it. My Disney trip in a nutshell. What a blast we had. I am so thankful I was healthy enough to make it because it was definitely a trip of a lifetime. Getting out of your normal routine and going on an adventure is the recipe for health and happiness; even if you don't have cancer. Life can be difficult. Everyone seems to be going through their own personal struggles these days. Doing something new and different can break up the monotonous lifestyle we lead. So, my advice to you is this: Take the Trip, Buy the shoes, Eat the cake, cause life is short and the time is NOW!

Even though I'm 25+ years old and have kids of my own, Disney brings out the kid in me and that's a good thing! Good bye Disney World! Until next time....
















No comments:

Post a Comment