Monday, January 8, 2018

Mistletoe

Mistletoe as a cancer treatment. Yes, you read that right! Mistletoe extract is an alternative treatment I am doing to help fight cancer. I know, you're probably thinking that I'm talking about the little green, leafy plant that we hold over someone's head in order to steal a kiss. No, no leafy plants here. This is actually a liquid extract from the greens that is carefully administered through injection into the fatty layer of your stomach. I administer these injections myself at home. Mistletoe has been around for centuries. It was first used by the Druids and ancient Greeks. Modern interest for cancer treatment began in the 1920's. It's not common in the US, however, it is widely used in Europe.
Never in all my life, would I have thought that I would be giving myself shots to the belly, with mistletoe no less, but my husband and myself have done extensive cancer research over the last 8 months and have found great encouragement in the natural, cancer world. I am still taking an oral chemo, but I am a huge advocate for natural remedies and do quite a bit myself to aid in my cancer fight. I have never felt that "one" defense was all that was necessary in curing cancer. I believe you need to hit it with multiple defenses. Hit it from all sides. Over the course of the next several months I will share with you everything that I am doing to help my body's immune system fight off this disease- from food and supplements, to infusions and injections.

Here are a few photos to show you how the injection is administered!

The cute little bag that my injections are sent home with me from the Naturopathic clinic! So cute right?!



Gotta sterilize the site before injecting. Make sure it dries before administering or else you will feel the burn. Youch! At least, that's what I've been told.



And here is the enormous needle used! Ok, it's actually rather small, but seems large, especially when you are doing it to yourself! After the site is sterilized, give yourself a little poke and viola you're done! I give myself these injections 2-3 times a week. No big deal! There you have it. All you need to know about mistletoe that you never wanted to know!


If you are fighting cancer or know someone who is, please send them my way. I don't claim to have it all figured out, but I have learned a lot and I want to help people to understand that cancer doesn't have to be a death sentence. There is more out there than just chemo and radiation. There are other elements that help you through the chemo sickness and hair loss. There are agents that aid in boosting your immune system. There are other tools and defense mechanisms that you can use rather than just chemotherapy, and most of all, there is hope. It's a journey. But all journey's have a destination.


No comments:

Post a Comment